Details regarding Social Care funding for 2023/24 have been announced as follows:
· Capital limits remain at their current level (a lower capital limit of £14,250 and an upper capital limit of £23,250)
· Tariff income calculations remain unchanged.
· The personal expenses allowance (PEA) for local authority-supported care home residents increases in line with inflation from £25.65 per week to £28.25 per week.
· The minimum income guarantee (MIG) for people receiving local authority-arranged care and support other than in a care home increases in line with inflation.
· The Savings Credit disregards increase in line with inflation. These rates apply to individuals receiving care in a care home, their own home, or another setting.
Full details of care benefits, allowances and rates will be detailed in our Benefit Rate Card which will be published in April.