top of page

Mobility Aids and Home Adaptations on Hospital Discharge

If you have mobility issues and would benefit from home adaptations or mobility equipment, you will need to be assessed by an occupational therapist (OT). Your ward nurse, key worker or a liaison nurse can arrange for an OT to visit you if this hasn’t already happened as part of a needs assessment.

Once an OT has assessed your needs, they’ll arrange for any mobility aids or other equipment needed to be available when you go home.

Remember that home adaptations may take longer to organise, so as long as it’s deemed safe to go home, you might be discharged on the basis that the adaptations will be carried out once you're home.

You might have to pay for these services, depending on your savings or income. A financial assessment will be undertaken by the local authority if you are deemed to be eligible for care following a needs assessment.

1 view

Recent Posts

See All

Ian Trenholm, chief executive of the care regulator the Care Quality Commission has said that the profitability of care homes remained at ‘historically low levels’ in 2022/23. Using information from i

The government has increased funding for adult social care to help tackle NHS pressures this winter by £10m. Councils will be able to bid from a pot of £40m – up from £30m – for cash to help prevent h

Some self-funders are going without some of the home care they needed because of the cost of living crisis and increased provider fees. Staffing shortages are resulting in providers deprioritising les

bottom of page