top of page

Get a Care Needs Assessment

Sometimes, it can be difficult to know the best way to meet the care needs of a loved one. So how do you decide?

The first step is to make sure that you (or the person you’re caring for) gets a free needs assessment from the local council’s adult social-care department. This is especially vital if you might need financial help from the local authority, as councils will only fund care when someone has been assessed as needing it. 

Even if you think you will end up paying for your own care, it’s still worth getting a needs assessment. It provides a professional assessment of the type of care and support that’s needed, which will help you to choose a suitable care home. It might also highlight other care options that you might not have considered.


Recent Posts

See All

The Latest Care Numbers

The number of people using council-arranged long-term adult social care in England grew in 2022-23 following years of decline, official data has shown. Overall, 835,335 people received long-term care

Home Care Costs

The average cost of home care is £18 to £20 an hour, meaning that two hours a day of help can cost £14,500 a year. Source: Just

Balancing Work and Care

Working as well as caring for someone can be a lot to handle at once. But knowing your rights and the possible options for flexible working could help. If you've been working for your employer for six

bottom of page