Government has issued a further document which clarifies some of the key elements of the planned care funding reforms and marks the start of period of consultation on the final regulations and guidance which are expected in Spring 2022. Clarification has been provided across a range of issues including:
· How tariff income will be applied
· Changes to the Minimum Income Guarantee and the Personal Expense Allowance
· How non care costs are to be calculated
· Preparation plans for the start of the new reforms
· The way in which the care cap is reached
· How top up fees are paid and assessed
Over the course of this week, we will be highlighting these details under a series of separate articles.