top of page

Ask Our Advisers - How will we repay the council charge on our house if my husband goes into care?

Your house won’t form part of the financial assessment if your husband needs to move into care. It will be exempt from the means test because a property occupied by a spouse is not treated as an asset for as long as you continue to live in it and so you don’t need to worry about a charge being applied or having to repay it.


Recent Posts

See All

We all recognise that the risk of developing dementia increases with age. At age 65, one in 700 will be diagnosed while at age 80, the number increases to 1 in 6. By the age of 95, the risk increases

Ian Trenholm, chief executive of the care regulator the Care Quality Commission has said that the profitability of care homes remained at ‘historically low levels’ in 2022/23. Using information from i

The government has increased funding for adult social care to help tackle NHS pressures this winter by £10m. Councils will be able to bid from a pot of £40m – up from £30m – for cash to help prevent h

bottom of page