top of page

Ask our Advisers

"My parents have all their savings in joint accounts from which they pay all their bills including my dad’s home care fees. Is this the right approach?" Service User

Ideally, we would suggest they should have separate accounts so that dad’s care fees are paid out of just his income and savings. If care costs are paid from joint funds, then it may be that mum is subsidising him. This may mean it will take longer for him to be able to claim support from the state. Helpline Adviser


Recent Posts

See All

Planning for Old Age

Planning remains one of the biggest challenges for the senior housing market as councils across England remain unprepared to provide suitable accommodation. Research by property consultancy Knight Fra

All Time Low Care Satisfaction

New findings from the British Social Attitudes survey, published by the Nuffield Trust and The King’s Fund, show that public satisfaction with social care services has dropped to just 13 per cent, the

How England compares to other UK Home nations

England’s system of means-testing for care of those who meet eligibility criteria is by far the least generous of the four UK nations. While Northern Ireland operates the same capital thresholds for c


bottom of page