top of page

Council Tax Disability Reduction

If your home has been adapted to make it suitable for someone living in it who has a disability, you may qualify for the Council Tax Disability Reduction.

Adaptations such as additional bathrooms or room for indoor wheelchair use may qualify for a reduction of one band of Council Tax.

Applications should be made to your Local Authority.

1 view

Recent Posts

See All

Planning for Old Age

Planning remains one of the biggest challenges for the senior housing market as councils across England remain unprepared to provide suitable accommodation. Research by property consultancy Knight Fra

All Time Low Care Satisfaction

New findings from the British Social Attitudes survey, published by the Nuffield Trust and The King’s Fund, show that public satisfaction with social care services has dropped to just 13 per cent, the

How England compares to other UK Home nations

England’s system of means-testing for care of those who meet eligibility criteria is by far the least generous of the four UK nations. While Northern Ireland operates the same capital thresholds for c


bottom of page