top of page

Carers Assessment

If you care for someone, you can have an assessment to see what might help make your life easier. This is called a carer's assessment. It might recommend things like:

· someone to take over caring so you can take a break

· gym membership and exercise classes to relieve stress

· help with taxi fares if you don't drive

· help with gardening and housework

· training on how to lift safely

· putting you in touch with local support groups so you have people to talk to

· advice about benefits for carers

A carer's assessment is free and anyone over 18 can ask for one.

It is separate from the needs assessment for the person you care for, but you can ask to have them both done at the same time.

Contact adult social services at your local council and ask for a carer's assessment.


Recent Posts

See All

Planning for Old Age

Planning remains one of the biggest challenges for the senior housing market as councils across England remain unprepared to provide suitable accommodation. Research by property consultancy Knight Fra

All Time Low Care Satisfaction

New findings from the British Social Attitudes survey, published by the Nuffield Trust and The King’s Fund, show that public satisfaction with social care services has dropped to just 13 per cent, the

How England compares to other UK Home nations

England’s system of means-testing for care of those who meet eligibility criteria is by far the least generous of the four UK nations. While Northern Ireland operates the same capital thresholds for c


bottom of page